PART 1: FOSTER HOME AGREEMENT
- Furever Luv Animal Rescue agrees to allow the person named below to act as a foster home. Foster is hereby granted temporary possession of any animals that are placed as a foster animal with Foster. All animals remain the property of Furever Luv and as such, must be returned to Furever Luv upon request.
- No animal will be removed from or returned to Furever Luv without authorization from a duly authorized agent of Furever Luv.
- Foster home will not accept or take possession of any stray or abandoned animals without authorization from Furever Luv or from a duly authorized agent of Furever Luv, unless foster home is willing to accept the financial responsibility of such stray and Foster understands that Furever Luv in not responsible for the care of this stray in any form or fashion.
- Foster home agrees to periodic inspections by Furever Luv personnel .
- Foster home agrees to help promote fostered pets by providing updated photos, videos, bios, etc. Foster also agrees to be available for meeting with potential adopters either in their home or a meeting place the foster designates.
- Furever Luv will make best efforts to furnish healthy animals for fostering to include current rabies vaccination if required. This does not prohibit the fostering of an animal for rehabilitation purposes.
- Foster home, the actual abode or premises and all surrounding property, structures and all enclosures must be kept in good state of repair at all times and kept in suitable condition for animals. Foster shall not cause or maintain any condition on the Foster’s property that presents any danger to the animal placed in the care of Foster.
- Each building housing animals will have a fully functioning fire extinguisher. (Optional fire or smoke detector.)
- All enclosures (i.e., kennels, runs, pens) will be cleaned daily and as often as needed during the day to prevent odors and the threat of disease to any of the animal(s) placed in the care of Foster.
- All enclosures will be disinfected weekly and as often as needed to prevent disease.
- Temperature in indoor housing areas should be maintained between 45 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Housing areas should be well ventilated to provide fresh air and to minimize odors and moisture.
- All animals must have fresh water daily and checked during the day.
- Medical treatment must be provided when needed.
- Foster shall only use Furever Luv approved practitioners of animal medical care for any and all medical treatment for any foster animals in Foster’s care. Should an emergency present which precludes Foster from using a Furever Luv approved medical facility, then, Foster shall obtain Furever Luv approval of using a medical animal facility outside of the approved ones. If circumstances are such that pre-approval is impractical, then, Foster, as soon as circumstances permit, notify Furever Luv of the situation with the animal. Once the animal is stabilized, Foster will take immediate steps to present the animal to a Furever Luv approved facility and shall have all medical records forwarded to that facility. The current approved medical facilities are: West Trenton Animal Hospital, 568 Grand Ave., Trenton, NJ 08626, (609) 771-0995.
- Foster animals being housed outdoors are required to have appropriate shelter and adequate enclosures.
- No foster animal will be held by means of tethering.
PART 2: RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Whereas, Furever Luv Animal Rescue is a non-profit no kill animal rescue agency;
Whereas, Foster is desirous of volunteering with Furever Luv in order to aid in the furtherance of the goals of Furever Luv in working with abandoned/neglected/abused domestic animals “Rescued Animal”);
Whereas, the operation of Furever Luv is to accept Rescued Animal from individuals and organizations in order to provide aid and comfort to these animals so that the animal can be placed for adoption into a suitable environment;
Whereas, each of the animals that Furever Luv accepts has its own unique history and personality such that Furever Luv cannot or does not know the temperament and disposition of each Rescued Animal that Furever Luv accepts; and,
Whereas, Foster understands and acknowledges that certain Rescued Animals may be prone to violence or that certain animals may, for no apparent, reason, be capable of inflicting injury on a human, another animal or itself.
NOW, THEREFORE, for and in consideration of the above-stated premises, and other good and valuable considerations, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, and the mutual promises and undertakings of the parties as are hereinafter set forth, Furever Luv and Foster do agree as follows, on behalf of themselves and their personal representatives, next of kin, heirs and assigns:
- Loss or damage of or to personal property resulting from the Rescue Animal;
- Any manner of injury resulting from the Rescue Animal;
- Any injury or illness resulting from contact with the Rescue Animal;
- Any communicable disease resulting from contact with the Rescue Animal;
- Any injury resulting from the Rescue Animal, including but not limited to, animal bites.
- TO RELEASE Furever Luv, its officers, directors, shareholder and agents from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense that I may suffer caused by the Rescue Animal due to any cause whatsoever INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE.
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any damage to the property of, or personal injury to, any third party caused by the Rescue Animal.
- THIS Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives in the event of my death or incapacity.
- In entering into this agreement, I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by Furever Luv other than what is set forth in this agreement.