Furever Luv Animal Rescue is a non-profit, no-kill, volunteer dog rescue organization serving the Delaware Valley metro area. We are dedicated to rescuing dogs left homeless for whatever reason – dogs in public shelters where they are at high risk of euthanasia due to pet overpopulation, dogs given up by their owners because of difficult circumstances, and those in danger of abuse or neglect.
We place dogs in loving, responsible, committed permanent homes, following a comprehensive adoption process which includes taking considerable care in finding good matches and educating prospective adopters about the responsibilities and costs of bringing a dog into their homes and lives.
Animals in our care are spayed or neutered, receive all appropriate veterinary care and treatment, and placed in nurturing foster homes while they await placement in their permanent homes. We assist dogs in distress without regard to age, breed or ease of placement. To the extent our finances allow, dogs in the greatest need take priority.
We are determined to keep administrative expenses extremely low so that virtually every dollar taken in goes directly to the care of the animals.
A nonprofit corporation of the State of New Jersey
ARTICLE 1 Organization
Section 1.01. Name. The name of this organization is Northeast Animal Rescue (the “Corporation”).
Section 1.02. Formation. The Corporation was formed on May 29,2014 as a New Jersey nonprofit corporation pursuant to Section 15A:1-1, et seq. of the New Jersey Nonprofit Corporation Act (the “Act”).
ARTICLE 2 Purposes
Section 2.01. Purposes. The Corporation is organized and shall be operated exclusively in accordance with Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the “Code”) or any corresponding provision of any future federal tax law, as long as such organization shall qualify as an organization described in Code Section 501(c)(3) or an entity to which contributions may be deductible under Code Section 170(c)(2). Consistent with the foregoing, the Corporation is organized and shall be operated exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes, within the meaning of Code Section 501(c)(3) or corresponding provision of any future federal tax laws. More specifically, the purposes for which the Corporation is organized include the following:
- To provide assistance in New Jersey to homeless animals;
- To help coordinate the assistance efforts of other animal rescues and agencies in their assistance of New Jersey animal advocacy ;
- To enter into contracts and agreements with individuals, partnership, associations, and corporations, both public and private, and with the State of New Jersey as well as other appropriate state and federal agencies, for the purpose of providing assistance to Homeless pets;
- To make contributions and grants to other corporations, trusts, community chests, or funds, as long as each such organization shall qualify as an organization described in Code Section 501(c)(3) or an entity to which contributions may be deductible under Code Section 170(c)(2), or any corresponding provision of any future federal tax law, organized and operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, or educational purposes, no part of the net earnings of such organizations which inures to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual, and no substantial part of the activities of which is carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and which does not participate in, or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements) any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office;
- To make contributions and grants to the United States or to a state or local government, or any political subdivision thereof, for exempt purposes, but only if such assets will be used exclusively for public purposes;
- To accept gifts, contributions, and other funds in furtherance of the Corporation’s public purposes; and
- To carry out such other acts and to undertake such other activities as may be necessary, appropriate, or desirable in furtherance of or in connection with any of the foregoing purposes, provided that none of the above activities shall be undertaken which would cause the Corporation to lose its status as an organization described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Code.
Nothing in this Article shall contradict any provision of the Certificate of Incorporation of the Corporation.
ARTICLE 3 Offices
Section 3.01. Offices. The Corporation shall have and continuously maintain in the State of New Jersey, a registered office, and a registered agent whose office shall be identical to that of the registered office, and may have such other offices within or without the State of New Jersey as the Board of Trustees, also known as the Board of Directors, (the “Board”) may from time-to- time determine.